Sunday, July 14, 2013

Paola Art & Wine Stroll

My friend Lacy, owner of The Dance Studio in Paola & Louisburg invited me to be one of the artists featured in her studio for the Paola Art & Wine Stroll. There were many featured artists including oil painters, landscape photographers, sculptors, and portrait photographers.

Each local business in the downtown square in Paola's Historic District, featured a Kansas winery as well as local artists to display their work. People were able to purchase tickets and stroll around to the different businesses, taste wine, and look at the work of talented featured artists.

This was actually the first time I have been able to go out and feature my work and introduce myself to people in the surrounding area. Here is a photo of my set up!



The winery featured at Lacy's studio was Oz Winery from Wamego, KS. These guys were awesome! I loved the wine that was served. Every bottle is named after The Wizard of Oz. The wine I purchased is called Squished Witch. This is a sweet red wine and SO delicious. Some of the other wines they offer are called Ruby Slippers, Ding Dong The Wine is Red, and Click just to name a few.



Here are a couple of pictures of the crowd at The Dance Studio. It stayed busy the entire night!!



Here is a picture of Lacy and the girls from Oz Winery.


Over all, it was a great night to display some of my work, make connections around the area, and enjoy some great wine! Be sure to check out all of these great local businesses!!

All the best,

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment